EXPLORE, ENJOY, LEARN!
– a half-day tour : a gentle hike in a great nature area in the Rovaniemi region, with a great viewpoint. The hike is usually around 4-5km and the tour lasts 3h30-4h.
– an all-day tour : a longer hike in Rovaniemi area (10-15km) or a gentle hike in another region of Lapland to discover other nature features. In this case, the hike can be 5-8km into a canyon or up to the top of lappish fells (“local mountains”).
In both cases, the experience is designed to explore some elusive nature area or reach some viewpoints over the immense subarctic forests. Along the way, your outdoor guide will explain to you about your surroundings, the fauna and flora, footprints in the early snow or in the mud, how to use trees or mushrooms, identify the berries to eat, and some other basics of how to survive in such difficult conditions.
– Hike in Korouoma Canyon to see the frozen waterfalls ;
– A snowshoe hike or a ski trek adventure to get off the beaten tracks!
- Hotel pick-up
- Expert outdoor guide
- Barbecue snacks & hot drinks
- Explanation & stories
- Nature features
- Mosquito repellent / sunscreen (if needed)
- All handling fees and taxes
Hiking poles optional (can be rented for 5€ only)
We recommend to book in advance, as availability may be limited in peak seasons.
A minimum of 2 paying adult participants is required for the trip to operate. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if the group is too small or because of bad weather conditions.
If you are a solo traveler, you are very welcome to join any departing trip at the standard price or we may organise the trip just for you at some extra costs (please contact us).
Child prices apply only to children under 12 years old. Children must be accompanied by one adult. The child rate only apply if the conditions of two paying adult participant is met.
Please dress appropriately according to the weather, with good hiking shoes, hats/sunglasses or rain/warm clothing.
A certain amount of walking is involved. This tour is not recommended for pregnant travelers, for people with heart conditions or with limited mobility. We do not recommend for children under 8 years old to join as the trip either. Their participation is subject to our approval before booking the tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 7 days or more before departure;
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled between 7 days and 24h before departure.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24h or less before departure.