On a e-fatbike ride around the city centre, you will discover with your guide a few famous attractions in the town but also some less-famous hidden treasures related to cultural, architectural and historical aspects of the city-centre.
The fat tires of your bikes allow you to ride on every kind of terrain! The engine will help you in the most difficult moments and will offer an incredible comfort. This is the perfect way to explore Rovaniemi in summer but also in autumn and winter!
After the visit of the city-center, you will cycle over the first bridge through some forests in the direction of Santa Claus Village. There you may cross the Polar Arctic Circle, meet Santa Claus and discover the official post office where all letters arrive from all around the world.
The time at the Santa Claus Village lasts around 40 minutes, and you may have time to visit the local knife shop or buy a few souvenirs if you would like to. After the visit, you will return to Rovaniemi centre, by a different path that takes you trough residential areas and the Ounasvaara hill.
At the end of this fatbike tour, you may stop in a typical pub of Rovaniemi where you may taste a local drink if you would like to.
Rovaniemi is a bike-friendly city, with many safe cycling roads and specific paths ; the tour is adapted to all kind of levels (including beginners) and will take you only on safe cycling paths. The engine of the bike allows you to ride easily, for the pleasure and comfort of all!
- Departure from Rovaniemi city centre (pick up may be arranged at extra cost – please request)
- Outdoor guide
Explanations about the different points of interests
- Electric fatbikes (e-fatbike)
- Helmets, locks, pump, tools
- Adapted itinerary around Rovaniemi and Santa Claus Village
- All handling fees and taxes
- Drinks in the local café or pub are not included. They may be purchased on spot.
The experience is always in very small groups. We recommend to book in advance, as availability may be limited in peak seasons.
If you are a solo traveler, you may join a departing trip or we may organise the tour only for you at an additional cost.
The fatbikes are adapted to sizes from 155 cm (ideally 160 cm). Children can join the tour if they comply with the minimum height.
Please dress appropriately according to the weather. In summer, it is recommended to bring sun glasses and sunscreen. In autumn, please dress with warm clothing, beanies and gloves. We also recommend to take extra snacks and water if you feel the need to.
Departure is always from our office in city centre. Hotel pick ups can be arranged (please request it in advance).
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 7 days or more before departure;
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled between 7 days and 24h before departure.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24h or less before departure.